Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crysis 3 might just blind you with beauty

CAUTION: SPOILERS FROM CRYSIS AND CRYSIS 2 ARE INCLUDED IN THE ARTICLE BELOW. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

These past few weeks, I've been dishing out advice on games that have already been released and I'm thinking I'm going to change the pace a little bit this time around.  Let's discuss an adventure that is to be released on February 19th, Crysis 3!  This is the thirs installment in the series following Crytek's famous nanosuit.

Yeah...that's the formentioned nanosuit. With a crossbow. Sick.

As in the first two Crysis games, you return to Manhattan, although the "Big Apple" seems to have rotted a little since we last saw it.  Vegetation has taken over almost every area of the city and, to be honest, it couldn't look more lovely.  Crytek has managed to turn the Concrete Jungle into a legit jungle!  Throw the baddies from the previous two games along with some new ones and we have an adventure so big that New York might be the only place on Earth to hold it!

I'm a HUGE fan of Crysis, personally.  I picked up Crysis 2 for the Xbox 360 and has IMMEDIATELY hooked.  From the sheer beauty of the environments surrounding me to the gameplay itself, I felt awestruck as I turned around every corner.  I had never seen a better looking game anywhere, as far as visuals went.  Everything was crystal clear in its appearance and I felt like I was actually in the nanosuit at some points!  The gameplay wasn't very off either. The weapons felt real and you always knew that you could get through any situation with any weapon the game could offer.


While this was all amazing and amounted to one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had the pleasure of playing, the downside of my time behind the nanosuit is that I was lost at times with the story, and that leads to my advice to you.  Play the first two Crysis.  If you can't do that (even though I'm HIGHLY recommending it), read about their plots online if you have to.  The story in these games has continued from the first one and on into this third edition.

I found myself confused by the plot because I wasn't aware of certain characters or situations from the first game (however, it was still a great plot and I thoroughly enjoyed it, haha.)  Do yourself a massive favor and learn and understand what happened in the first two games before diving in the third because your nanosuit experience will be that much sweeter and it's pretty damn sweet to begin with!

Crysis 3 will be out on February 19th for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Deuces for now bros!

No comments:

Post a Comment