Sunday, April 28, 2013

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Taking Fighting to Superhuman Heights

Let's be honest.  I love seeing that I have my readers coming to read my posts regularly.  However, there are times when I believe that my readers should be doing something other than reading . . . This may be one of those times.

If you have not experienced Injustice: Gods Among Us yet, you're doing yourself a great injustice (the pawn was totally meant there.)  Coming from NetherRealm, the same studio that brought us Mortal Combat, has developed a fighter that is both familiar and new at the same time.  If you love fighting games, you must own it;  if you love DC comics, you must own it;  if you love BOTH and don't own this title yet, WHY NOT?!

Yes, it is as cool as it looks.

From a gameplay perspective, Injustice handles itself with pure grace and excellence.  For starters, the controls are easy enough to learn that throwing a few cool moves together is a simple task.  To spice up the combat, each character has a special move that used once a certain meter is filled.  These moves are showstoppers that deal major damage to your opponent and leave you wanting more.  As a Dark Knight fan myself, I enjoy using the many weapons at Batman's disposal and using his special move to finish off an opponent.  Makes you feel pretty superhero-ish if you ask me.

Another aspect of Injustice that makes it great is the tremendous story it tells; a story so well told that I shall not reveal any of its contents except for this:  You have NEVER seen the Man of Steel like this before, and that's one BIG never.  The voice cast is one of the best I've ever heard, with notable and recognizable voices from the Justice League cartoon and other DC series.


It's almost as fun to watch as it is to play!

From a fan standpoint, Injustice is crawling, and I mean CRAWLING, with extras that will make even the most hardcore fans feel satisfied.  The amount of alternate costumes for each character is insane, with some standing above the rest (*cough* BATMAN BEYOND*cough*) and others faltering.  Other goodies can be had throughout the game as you progress.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is by far the best fighter on the market right now and the best one in recent memory.  With stellar gameplay that is backed by a fresh and eventful new story, this game stands tall even before all of the fan service with all of the extra goodies that can be had as you make your way through the game.  This is a must-own and while we're still being honest, I stopped writing this for an hour to play Injustice . . . it's seriously that good.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is out now for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, and iPhone.

_______________________________________________________________________

Any thoughts or comments on Injustice: Gods Among Us?  Leave one below and share this if you found it useful!  Don't forget to check out my other posts for more gaming madness!!  Also follow me on Twitter at @RamboCovey58!

Deuces for now bros!!

3 comments:

  1. Greta post as usual. I've actually played most of the game and I have to say that it wasn't too bad. The story in itself was well developed. I would have to say that by first glance...I thought this game would have some weird storyline that didn't seem plausible. I however was proven wrong during my time playing it. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really play fighting games like these but this looks like it could be a great time. Especially battling some of my friends. Thanks for the insight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post- I really like how the gameplay looks, and I hope to play some of it soon!

    ReplyDelete